Winter Seminar Series
We are currently scheduling the seminar series for this winter, please check back soon for the schedule of events. If you have any questions or would like to propose a speaker and/or topic for this winter, please contact our Head of Instruction, Mills Botham, email@example.com.
The Winter Education Seminar Series is a great way to learn new skills and keep your sailing mind sharp. The seminars are open to the campus community and you do not need to be a current member of the sailing club. Feel free to invite your friends!
This year we ask participants to bring at least one perishable item per seminar to be donated to the Second Harvest Foodbank.
- October 18, 2018 (Thursday) | Ice Sailing Lake Baikal
- November 14, 2018 | Pacific Crossing Under Sail | Tadhg Barrett
- November 28, 2018 | Sailing the Med. Explore the islands of Poros, Hydra, Spetses and more! | Joshua Kurzbuch
- January 16, 2019 | The Racing Rules of Sailing | Dave Elsmo
- January 23, 2019 | Limnology of Lake Mendota | Mark
- January 30, 2019 | Sailing with Spinnakers | Dave Elsmo
- February 6, 2019 | Learning to Match Race! | Dave Elsmo
- February 13, 2019 | Intro to Racing Sailboats: Simple Steps to Becoming a Racer | Dave Elsmo
- February 20, 2019 | Bermuda Revisited – Part II: How ETNZ won the 35th America’s Cup | Phillip Tietze
- February 27, 2019 | Introductory Outboard Repair and Maintenance | Dave Elsmo
- March 6, 2019 | Intro to Composite Sailboat Repair | Dave Elsmo
- March 13, 2019 | Prepping Your Hull and Bottom for the Season
- March 20, 2019 | Using the Racing Rules of Sailing to Make Tactical Decisions | Dave Elsmo
- March 27, 2019 | Winch Maintenance | Dave Elsmo
- April 3, 2019 | Reading the Charts: How to Predict Local Weather Patterns | Dan Sutton