How to Vote
The elections are being administered by Hoofer Council, specifically the VP of Administration through the members.hoofers.org website (it is just like the sailing club's lessons page, just for all of Hoofers). When you navigate there, you can sign in with the same login credentials you use on the Lesson's Page.
- Thursday, February 9: Notification of Election
- Thursday, February 23 - Wednesday, March 1: Nomination Period
- Friday, March 10: Last Day to Accept Nomination
- Tuesday, March 21 - Monday, March 27: Election Period
- Thursday, March 30: Results Announced
If you or someone you know wishes to run for Commodore, Vice-Commodore, or Rear Commodore, you will fill out this Google Form starting on February 23 with the name, phone, and email of the nominee. All nominations must be accepted by the nominee by submitting a written platform to the election commissioner no later than March 10. Nominees shall become candidates upon acceptance of the nomination. All nominees who accept their nomination shall appear on the ballot. Candidates on the ballot for Commodore may submit a resume and position paper (not exceeding 2400 words) in electronic form which shall be posted on the club's website.
Write-ins will be permitted. A member of Hoofer Sailing Club is eligible to vote if:
- they are a current member of the sailing club per the club manager website;
- and has or will have by the end of the calendar year have been a member of the sailing club for at least 90 days based on the membership on the day of the election.
Voting will take place on RecHub starting March 21. More detailed instructions on how to cast your vote will follow in a later email.
To be eligible for Commodore, Vice-Commodore, or Rear Commodore, you must be a full-time UW-Madison student (or equivalent) and a current member of Hoofer Sailing Club.
Who is eligible to vote?
All current members and those former members who had a fall or summer membership in 2018 are eligible to vote in this election.
How can I vote?
All votes will be cast through Club Manager - the website you use to register for lessons. As Hoofer Council and the Hoofer Council VP of Admin will be administering this election, votes will be cast using the Hoofer-wide portion of the site: members.hoofers.org.
To log in: use the same credential you normally use to log in for the lessons page. If you have any issues logging in, please contact the VP of Administration, at firstname.lastname@example.org.